Tuesday, August 28, 2012

{Tuesday Teaching} Edheads

"Edheads creates unique, free Web experiences designed to make hard-to-teach science, technology, engineering, and math concepts understandable."

 Doesn't this sound exactly like a Mrs. V tool? I'll try it out this week and let you know! Two activites in particular catch my eye:

Design a Cell Phone
Using the Engineering Process (Ask, Imagine, Plan, Create, Improve), you analyze data and research and come up with a plan to create a new cell phone. In class, I would do a similar exercise with my students. I asked them to spend some time thinking of how to make the phone more functional, user-friendly, or more visually appealing. For extra bonuses, the students could come up with new features to add to a phone. I remember one student suggesting a built-in mini printer. I, for one, had never heard of it before. Isn't that genius! Our future is bright!

Click here - Engineering Design - Edheads

Simple Machines

A simple machine is any device that changes the magnitude or direction of a force. It makes work easier.

Click here - Simple Machines - Edheads

Try this one out and next week, we will build our own simple machines!

No comments:

Post a Comment