Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mrs. V {at home}

A few months ago, I traded in my few 'teacher improvement' books for (what could possibly be) hundreds of  'mommy training' encyclopedias. While that decision has truly been the joy of my life, I do miss the life of Mrs. V. Well.. not so much the unprecedented anxiety of managing 25 11-yr olds with power tools in woodshop.  (shudder) I miss the surprising, innovative, creative results from those efforts! I miss making lessons. And the knowledge that I was really providing something for those kids - that there is more to life than TV and Angry Birds - work hard - it's worth the time to search for your hidden talents - YOU can create.

With that, I bring you Mrs. V {at home}! I am excited to share with other mommies, daddies, caregivers, babysitters, (anybody!) fun and unique projects to do with your kids. As my degree is in Technology and Engineering Education, I feel I should warn you though -

There will be a little science... (keep reading!) ... a little craftiness ... (whew) .... engineering ... maybe woodworking ... computers ... design .... technology ... anything else that would fit into an elective teacher's handbook.

Stay tuned for 
*Monday 'Make you go woah!'*
*Teaching Tuesdays*
*Teaching Thursdays*
*Anything else Fridays*

Thank you for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the fun things I can learn and teach my boys. Thanks! (And Thanks to Lori for turning me onto your site.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is lots of fun in store for your boys :) Thanks for checking it out!

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you did it! You are the perfect person to start this blog and I can't wait to follow you and use all of your brilliant ideas! Where's the Mrs. V button?? I want one for my sidebar :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. From one Mrs. V to another, You Are Awesome! I love your plan and it will be so cool for mothers like you who want to raise curious children. Great idea, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouraging words and support - Mrs. V, it's only fitting that you do a guest post :)

      Delete
  4. Kim, this blog is a great idea! How I love that you have done the research and experimentation so I can look smart when I do these activities with my kids. I will be checking for ideas, especially when my kids are off-track, so keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this works out well then - I love all the research and explaining :) I will keep them coming. Thanks Mirien!

      Delete