Friday, May 25, 2012

Anything Else Fridays {Baby room}

My first Friday post! Fridays are going to show anything going on in my life that is not necessarily related to the geeky part of me (although you're the judge of my geekiness, I guess! :) Mostly this will include DIY projects around the house, but the Julia Child in me has been getting very brave lately so I'm sure there will be some of that too!  Once in a while, an Ellen clip might get thrown in for hilarity's sake or a shout out to other bloggers. Who knows what you'll find on a Friday.

We recently moved into a 2 bedroom apt. Round of applause! :) This is a big deal with a 5 month old! The little one has now moved on from the spacious wall of her parent's bedroom.



I've been so excited to decorate a full room for my baby. So this week has been DIY decorating, centered around the baby quilt my momma and I (well... momma quilted, and I picked the colors :) love that woman) made for the little one before she was born.


Why pick 3-4 fabrics when you can pick 13! Actually, I'm just indecisive. BUT I do love how this turned out. The bright colors and mix of patterns - oo it just makes me smile!

 The DIY art in the frames above were featured on a blog earlier this month,
but now that the memorable pink wall is gone, I wanted to put a splash more color into the frames. Luckily, I had extra fabric from the quilt so I used some scraps to cover the mat of the frame.


I love this pop of color!
I'm making a pillow to go on the rocking chair as well. Sneak preview here:

Inspired by daciray.com, but I did use different measurements. Let me know if anyone wants the dimensions. The goal is to bring you the finished pillow next week!

My last project for the room will be to make curtains and I can't stop myself from getting really excited about something like this:


Amy Meier Design



Enjoy your weekend! Mine just might include baby's first time on a boat. How about yours?


No comments:

Post a Comment